Are you one of those who loves to go camping with loved ones? If so, you would certainly know that a camping generator holds a lot of importance to make your camping experience success. Would you want to spend your night under the beautiful without the necessity? Certainly not, right?
Camping is an inexpensive and an amazing way to explore the nature. Irrespective if you are going camping in your recreational vehicle, staying in the tent or camper, a portable generator is what you will need for your outdoor experience.
Many people do not prefer buying the generator while they go camping, but the fact is that it is one of the necessities especially during an emergency situation. Make certain that you do not let a time come when you have to run out to purchase the first one you find. Researching about the different models available and then picking the right one will be a wise decision for you.
Before you choose to buy a particular camping generator, know the important factors that will help you in making a wise decision. Below is the list of the elements that will help you get the best value of generator suitable for your requirements and budget.
When you are looking out for the generator, you will notice that are some options available in the market and choosing one from the many choices isn’t as simple as it sounds. Thus, research is your best friend here. Before you start with the process, make certain you are aware of your needs and budget.
You need to invest hundreds of dollars in buying the portable generators for camping. Thus, it is important that you make the appropriate purchase. Your needs should include the must-have features you want in your generator and accordingly fix a price. If you are looking for a generator with advanced features, it will price a lot more when compared to others.
Since it is a significant investment, you would want to make the right investment. Thus, you need to purchase the generator that offers a warranty. The warranties do not include damages from misusing or dropping the generator. The warranty would cover manufacturing defects. Thus, if there are any defects listed on the guarantee list, then the manufacturer will either repair or replace the generator.
One of the most important things that you need to check is how much power does the generator supply. So, before you start looking for the generators, know the power that you will need. Why would you want to invest in a generator that that is very powerful, but you do not require that amount of power? Thus, consider the appliances you would want to run during a power outage.
A camping generator is a portable one, and thus you would want to buy a light weight generator so that it is not very problematic to move around with it. Large generators will create a lot of problems while carrying them during camping. Find models having wheels and handles for easy transportation.
Following are the ten camping generators that are worth investing:
Honda EU2000i – Sturdy & Reliable
When you are looking for generators for camping, one of the top choices is the Honda EU2000i having a power of 2000 WATT.
It is crucial for you to invest in a good energy supply during camping.
Sturdiness and reliability are the elements that make the generator one of the top choices.
- Running time – more than 9 hours
- Weight – 45 pounds
- Inverter technology
- Eco throttle system
- Lightweight: this one is the lightest of all the generators weight as light as 45 lbs. Thus, it is not an issue even for a teenage to carry the generator. Since it is light in weight, the generator does not have wheels for manoeuvring.
- Minimum noise: the noise made by this generator while working is minimal in comparison to the old diesel generators making it is the perfect choice for camping.
- Fuel efficiency: the generator is designed for reliability, sturdiness as well as fuel efficiency with its investor technology
- Fuel capacity – Small fuel tank holding 1-gallon fuel.
- Manual start – The generator does not have an electric start button, unlike other options.
- Pricey when compared to the other Chinese generators.
Knowing what the portable generator has to offer you will help you make an informed and worthy decision.
Another generator in the list is the Generac IX2000 having a power of 2000 WATT.
- Minimal noise while working
- FlexPower Operating Modes for fuel efficiency
- LED indicators
- Compact: The generator is light weighted as well as small in size when compared to the other generators of the same power.
- Minimal noise: the generator makes negligible sound and thus is one of the best options for camping.
- Fuel efficiency: it has a great option of saving fuel when it runs on eco mode.
- LED indicators: With the help of LED indicators, checking the status of the generator is simple.
- Noise: the generator makes negligible noise but when users have complained of making more noise when compared to other generators.
One of the most preferred options for camping generator is the Yamaha EF2000iS having a power of 2000 WATT.
It is one of the best carry & use generator. It is handy to carry and provide sufficient energy for camping needs.
- Watt output is 2000 WATT
- With the super quiet muffler USFS spark arrestor, 51.5 Dba it does not make any noise.
- Inverter system with PWM control
- Light in weight: The generator weighs around 55 pounds and is simple for you to carry it from one place to another with any muscle pain.
- High runtime: this efficient fuel generator can run up to 10 hours with having to compromise on its efficiency.
- Design: the generator is designed in a way that it is not very difficult to carry it in a bag.
- Expensive: in comparison to the other generators of the same power, the generator is pricey
One of the reliable and reputed brands of generators in the world is DuroMax, and the DuroMax XP with a power of 3500 WATT is one such example.
It runs for approximately 8 hours and comes with an electric start key.
- Average fuel tank
- Run time of up to 8 hours
- Auto shut off when the machine is low on oil
- Electric start key
- Convenient to carry: like the other generators mentioned above in this list, the generator is not as light as those but weighs around 100 pounds which are comfortable to carry.
- Cost Effective: With the number of features and quality it offers, it is priced reasonably.
- Easy to operate: with the electric start button, it is simple to operate.
- Auto shut down: during low oil, the generator shuts down automatically.
- Solid: Suitable for daily use, the generator is made of quality heavy duty steel.
- It can hold nothing more than 4 gallons of fuel
- Runtime – 8 hours on 50% load
Many people prefer buying the Yamaha EF2400iSHC because it is reliable, quality built and powerful with 2400 WATT, thus making it worth the investment.
- Approved by the EPA
- When not in use, the gas is drained with the help of a Petcock
- Light in weight
- Yamaha smart throttle adjusts the speed
- Suitable to use with computerised devices
- Petcock: when the generator is not functioning, the gas from the carburettor drains out. Thus the gas does not stale.
- Oil watch warning system: the generator can get damaged while working on low oil. Thus system damage is avoided.
- Auto speed adjuster: based on the load, the Yamaha Smart Throttle adjusts the generator speed making it quieter.
- Manual start
This generator is an excellent combination of power and price.
When you want a powerful generator at a reasonable price, Champion Power is the best option with 3100 WATT suitable for camping.
- Noise free specially made for camping
- Light weight – 80 pounds
- runs for 8 hours
- Engine jumps to eco mode automatically to save fuel
- Easy operation: with the set of instructions, operating this generator is simple.
- Design: One of the attractive, ergonomic designs, unlike the old diesel generators.
- Reasonable: with the advanced features that the camping generator offers, it is reasonably priced.
- Fuel Efficient: Saves fuel with the Inverter Technology which makes the generator jump on eco mode during fewer loads.
- Runs for 8 hours but on 25% load which is very low in comparison to other generators
If you want a low-cost generator with advanced features, The Earthquake 11613 with a power of 800 WATT is the right choice. This is a perfect camping generator.
- Light in weight
- Warning signs
- Runs for 14 hours per gallon of fuel on light load
- Quiet operation
- Lightweight: one of the best parts of this generator is that it weighs only 21 pounds and is the lightest of all.
- Design: the generator is designed specifically for camping and every day use and thus is compact.
- Easy to carry: Since the generator is light weighted, it can easily be moved from one place to another.
- Low power: With just 800 WATT, it is possible for you to supply power only to a few appliances.
With this powerful generator, you can provide power to many devices with a power of 4000 WATT investing a reasonable amount of money.
The generator’s 7.0hp engine is designed to deliver efficiency and electricity.
It is power packed with many features listed below:
- Electric start switch
- Runs for 8 hours at 50% load
- 3 outlets
- Control panel and voltmeter
- Quieter when compared to others with 69Dba
- Powerful: the generator can supply power to many appliances with as power of 4000 WATT.
- Long run time: it can run for 8 hours at half load which is ideal for camping.
- Wheel kit: the generator has an optional wheel kit which makes it simpler for you to carry it from one place to another.
- Quieter: in comparison to the other generators of the same size and WATT, this makes less noise while functioning.
- Wheel set is optional and may be tough for you to install it right
PowerPro 56101 2-Stroke Generator
The PowerPro 56101 2-Stroke Generator is the solution to your small power needs.
This generator with a power of 1000 WATT is one of the best buys.
- 2 HP single cylinder two stroke engine
- Low noise
- CARB certified
- Spark arrestor
- 1-gallon fuel tank
- Manual start
- Minimal noise: with the two stroke generator and spark arrestor, this machine works with almost no sound.
- Efficient: This small generator can keep your essential appliances working.
- Run time: This small generator can run for 5 hours at half load.
- Limited fuel tank
- Does not have modern electric start like other generators
Briggs & Stratton 30466
The Briggs & Stratton 30466 helps you take some of your home conveniences to camping with a power of 3500 WATT.
It has sufficient power to provide a couple of appliances which make it a good camping generator.
- Multi-featured control panel
- 7 inches wheel
- Runs for 8 hours at half load
- Weighs 110 pounds
- Low noise
- Simple mobility: with the 7 inches never flat tires make it simple to manoeuvre.
- Fuel efficient: with the special Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series OHV engine, the generator is fuel efficient
- Reported by a user that it kept functioning but did not produce electricity
From the above-mentioned list of 10 best camping generators, the top picks are Champion Power, DuroStar DS4000S and Yamaha EF2000iS.